I’m completely in love and obsessed with this DIY Sugar scrub recipe that’s infused with amazing citrus oils! The perfect exfoliating and detoxing blend for the summer.
My sister made me this blend, and I had to re-create because I ran out and I couldn’t wait to share it!
Why would you love a sugar scrub?
- The most freaking awesome aroma is released that is calming and invigorating at the same time!
- Your skin feels like a newborn bottom. It’s so soft after being gently exfoliated, and then nourished with coconut and jojoba oil and essential oils.
- I’ve used this on my skin before and after I shave and have seen a drastic reduction in razor bumps!
- Research the powerful detoxifying effects of essential oils!
Now heads up, Im no a baker/cook and directions are hard for me follow when it comes to cooking/mixing….
For this recipe add or take away to get the consistency of scrub mix you like. I prefer mine a little more oily than sugary texture. (if that makes sense!)
- Glass Jar (DollarTree had a perfect selection)
- 1 cup organic Coconut Oil
- 1 cup organic fine sugar
- 1/4 cup organic Avocado Oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass
- 10 drops Grapefruit
- 5 Drops Peppermint
- 10 drops Lavender
- mix well, and leave in the shower!
- You can use any combo of essential oils. I chose this for a great citrus summer smell, and for some detoxing action as well. I rub this scrub all over my body and soles of my feet, and let sit for about a minute.
This is a great skin rejuvenator for Summer. Getting too much sun can leave your skin dry, this will help remove the dead skin and nourish it!
Let me know how you like it and which essential oils you used!
Wondering where to get oils? Learn about Young Living and our AWESOME team here….