Way back in our Amarillo days, we lived just blocks away from this little whole in the wall food joint. It was literally a 10X10 square shack that had the BEST Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. Absolutely full of fat and calories, but the kind that you think is so worth it you know. It’s been 7 years since I’ve had a sandwich like that!!
Well I’ve found the recipe that satisfies that taste, and without the huge hoagie bun! No Carbs, and a awesome clean eating recipe that the whole family will love!
The Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Pepper.
- Thin sliced sirloin steak 1lb.
- 4 Green Bell Peppers cut in half
- half of an onion diced
- 16 oz. diced mushrooms
- Cheese of choice (I always have sharp cheddar on hand)
- Avocado Oil, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce
- Place Peppers in pot of boiling water, and leave until they are tender. Then drain upside down on a paper towel. Place on a cookie sheet.
- In a Pan cook the steak, onions , and mushrooms in avocado oil with some salt, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- Now Assemble the peppers on your cookie sheet! place cheese 1st, then meat mixture, then more cheese!
- Place in oven at 350 until the cheese is bubbly cooked.
- Top with a smidgen of Ranch dressing!
- You could easily omit the cheese all together and sub a dollop of avocado to the top to get that creamy texture!